Creating signatures on PDF Files using Preview
To open up a PDF file on your mac double click the file you want to open. Or another way would be too drag the pdf file onto the preview image on the Dock.
Most Mac folks know how to open up a PDF file in preview but it’s another thing adding and creating a signature. Complicated? Nah not really, But once you know how it’s a very handy skill to have and comes in extremely useful when needed.
So, How to create a Signature in Preview?
Use these easy step by step options:
1) Click preview > then preferences and choose ‘Signatures’ from the menu and then it should say create signature. You can opt to create a signature from the pop up menu in the edit tool bar at the top of your screen.
2) Now just follow the given instructions on your screen. Remember to make sure that your signature fills the whole box and it sits on the blue line.
3) When you’re happy with how you signature in preview looks like, just click the accept button and off you go!
Wondering How you sign a PDF file?
1) In the Preview toolbar click ‘Edit’.
2) From the menu shown find where it says signature and then choose your signature.
3) Choose the locations option for where you’d like your snazzy new signature to appear on your PDF document. If you decide you want to place your sig on a line, cleverly Preview will resize your signature to fit necessary.
So there you have if a basic tutorial on creating and adding a signature on a PDF document in Preview 🙂
Interested on how to add and create images in Preview? or perhaps scanning in images, adding text and editing tools, please see our other useful articles published on our website.