So we’ve discussed iCalendar options in our Mac Nerdy articles, now it’s time for the nitty gritty exciting bit – ‘How to Add and edit Events in Mac Calendar!’ Whether you lead and busy life and need you use your Mac calendar to inject some organisation in to your hectic week, or you are just incredibly forgetful like me and hate enduring the adrenaline pumped mad dash as you race to brush your teeth, tie you hair and dress yourself a least half competently all on the way to a meeting with the boss. Mac Calendar allows you to easily add events to particular dates and even assign specific times, ensuring you are always one step ahead.
Like everything on the good old Apple Macs, once you get started you’ll realise how super easy it is to add events on your Mac Calendar, so here we go:
How to Add Events on Mac Calendar
1) Obviously the very first step is to open up your Mac Calendar app. If the calendar icon is not nestled in your Mac Doc, you will certainly find it inside your LaunchPad.
2) Click on the Mac Calendar icon to open the application.
3) Go to File > New Calendar.
3) Next browse through the calendar and find the date of the event you wish to add and double click the date.
4) A special Mac Calendar Event window will now open up.
5) Type in the details of the event you wish to add, for example ‘Emma’s Wedding Day’.
6) Double check that the start and end dates are correct. We would hate for you to turn up to Emma field wedding all glamed up to only to be greet by three lonely cows grazing…
7) You can get very specific and add a time range if you wish, perfect for hair or doctors appointments. Skip this step if you don’t.
8) If you are adding a birthday, click the repeat button and then every year so you will get reminded each year on that date. This is an especially good idea to prevent you from forgetting special anniversaries, heaven forbid!
9) If you want to send email invites to family or friends Add Invites to your event reminder.
10) If the appointment is an all day thing check the all-day box, so you don’t double book yourself.
How to Edit Events on Mac Calendar
1) Assuming you have your Mac Calendar open, double click the event or type a shortcut + cmd + E
2) All the event info will come up for your to edit.
3) When you’re finished click Apply or Revert.
How to Create A Quick Event in iCalendar
1.) If you are in a rush and need to Create a quick event in Mac calendar please go ahead and click on the plus (+) symbol at the very top of your Mac calendar window.
2.) Next just add a simple description such as ‘Dinner Friday night’
Theres an option to add a postcode or address to that particular event, the map will pop up to show where you are going.
Latest posts by Sophie (see all)
- Best Mac AntiVirus Apps – What to Look For? - November 10, 2015
- Best Mac AntiVirus Apps – ‘What to Look For’ Continued… - June 5, 2015
- Top 12 Ways Apple Macs Get Viruses – Pt 4 - June 3, 2015