We have just covered Safari’s ‘Reading List’ which is quite similar to Bookmarks but in this article there will be information on adding your first bookmark, organising them and importing bookmarks.
What is a Safari Bookmark?
As the name implies it acts as a bookmark, so if you are browsing the internet one day or your friend gives you a link to their website you would like to save, Safari and most internet browsers will give you the option to bookmark that particular page. Your bookmarks will then be stored for future reference, you can create as many bookmarks as you please over the years and delete them accordingly.
So firstly how do you Add a bookmark in Safari?
1) When Safari is open on the top toolbar there will be a tab named Bookmarks.
2) When you are on an interesting webpage or website you would like to Bookmark click Bookmarks > Add Bookmark from the menu. Or for a shortcut type Cmd + D
3) Once ‘Add Bookmark’ is clicked, an option called Favourites or Bookmark Menu will come up, select which one you’d like.
4) Go to the folder where you want to store the bookmark and the bookmark will be stored there.
How to Organise your Safari Bookmarks
The great thing about Safari Bookmarks is that a lot of other internet browser don’t have is an option to create individual folders and topics for your Bookmarks. If you are like me and a lot of people around the world, you’ll have hundreads of bookmarks accumulated over time. This is where organising comes into it’s own!
So follow these steps for organising your Safari Bookmarks:
1) On your toolbar Stroll to Bookmarks and then select > Edit Bookmarks or for the short cut type Option + Cmd + B
2) Click the Bookmark Menu in the left hand side panel
3) If you want to add a new folder just click +
4) Give your folder a title so you will be able to identify the bookmarks within that folder
5) Next time you Bookmark a webpage you can select the correct folder to store it in.
How to Delete a Safari Bookmark Folder
1) Type in your keypad Option + Cmd + B
2) When you see the Bookmark you want to delete, use the delete key on your keyboard and an option will come up confirming you want to delete that link.
How to Import a Safari Bookmark
If you have been using another internet browser and would like to import those Bookmark from that browser into Safari, here’s just how to do it:
1) In the other internet browser (say Firefox) click the Bookmark option and select File > Export and save the file to your desktop.
2) Now while in Safari go to File > Import and select the Bookmark file you would like imported into Safari.
How to Open Safari Tabs
Browser Tabs represent different internet pages you have open and makes it much easier to skip between them rather than having multiple browser windows open. Here is how to open a new Safari Tab:
1) Go to File > New Tab or use the shortcut Cmd + T
2) A new Safari browser Tab will now appear on your screen.
3) Click on different opened tabs to view your pages.
Latest posts by Sophie (see all)
- Best Mac AntiVirus Apps – What to Look For? - November 10, 2015
- Best Mac AntiVirus Apps – ‘What to Look For’ Continued… - June 5, 2015
- Top 12 Ways Apple Macs Get Viruses – Pt 4 - June 3, 2015